Official course description, subject to change:
Preliminary info last published 15/09-20
Software Development and Software Engineering
Offered to guest students:
Offered to exchange students:
Offered as a single subject:
Price (single subject):
10625 DKK (incl. vat)
BSc in Data Science
30 August 2021
31 December 2021
AbstractThe course is an introduction to software engineering, software development, and object-oriented programming for Data Science BSc students.
Please be aware that changes may occur!
- principles of software engineering
- software architectures and design patterns
- object-oriented analysis and design with UML as modeling language
- object-oriented implementation with Java as programming language
- Working knowledge of an imperative programming language (e.g., Python).
- Understanding of/appreciation for common problems in designing and developing software.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain and be able to execute the essentials of all primary facets of software development within software engineering including analysis, design, implementation, testing, validation, and verification
- Describe and apply modeling techniques for analysis and design
- Describe and apply object-oriented methods for analysis, design and implementation, e.g., in the programming language Java
- Explain the principles of software architecture, including fundamentals of a variety of common architecture styles and design patterns
- Construct useful, coherent, large-scale systems of up to approx. 10 KLOC in size, including the ability to perform system and domain analysis for a given problem, propose an appropriate software architecture, write a system specification and its implementation, and validate the implementation against its specification.
- Describe processes to plan and run a software engineering project including different stakeholders and their respective roles.
Ordinary examExam type:
A: Written exam on premises, Internal (7-point scale)
A33: Written exam on premises on paper with restrictions