Official course description, subject to change:
Preliminary info last published 15/05-22
Software Development and Software Engineering
Offered to guest students:
Offered to exchange students:
Offered as a single subject:
Price for EU/EEA citizens (Single Subject):
BSc in Data Science
28 August 2023
29 December 2023
AbstractThe course is an introduction to software engineering, software development, and object-oriented programming for students of BSc in Data Science and BSc in Global Business IT. The overarching goal is to allow students to work successfully within a professional software engineering setting.
- principles of software engineering
- software architectures and design patterns
- object-oriented analysis and design with UML as modeling language
- object-oriented implementation with Java as programming language
- Working knowledge of an imperative programming language (e.g., Python).
- Understanding of/appreciation for common problems in designing and developing software.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the essentials of all primary facets of software engineering.
- Model and implement medium-scale object-oriented software systems.
- Apply time-proven solutions to common recurring software design problems.
- Integrate individual development with existing software designs.
Ordinary examExam type:
A: Written exam on premises, Internal (7-point scale)
A33: Written exam on premises on paper with restrictions