Digitalt materiale og interaktive artefakter
The main outcome of the course is that the student is equipped with theoretical understanding and construction-oriented abilities to explore solutions to interaction design problems in early stages of the design process. In particular, the students become able to construct and use interactive software and hardware sketches as a means to drive a design process.
In digital design, whether as field of research or design practice, it is imperative to be able to express design ideas in forms that can be explored, discussed and evaluated together with other people in a design team, and/or validated together with stakeholders in realistic settings, as way of driving a design process forward. The course provides the students with theoretical understanding and constructive abilities to accomplish this. In a larger context, this course prepares the students for being part of multidisciplinary design teams in digital design, where understanding digital materials, and the ability to prototype design ideas becomes an essential part of communicating with other specialist areas (e.g. programmers, engineers, product designers, marketing and business professionals) in a design process, as well as with users and other stakeholders.
In this course, the incoming students’ programming ability from the course ‘Introduction to Programming’ is combined with their understanding of the interaction design process from the course ‘Digital Design and Interactive Technologies – foundations’, and their repertoire of genre-specific examples from the course ‘Interaction Design – genres and contexts’. Building on these three courses, the course ‘Digital Materials and Interactive Artefacts’ holds a central role in the programme, enabling the student to gain the theoretical understanding and constructive abilities needed to produce interactive artefacts in digital design, as a means for driving a digital design process.
Formal prerequisitesDette kursus udbydes på 3. semester af BSc Digital Design og Interaktive Teknologier
Intended learning outcomes
Efter kurset skal den studerende være i stand til:
- Konstruere interaktive soft- og hardware sketches ved hjælp af netværks forbundne mikroprocessorer (e.g. Raspberry Pi) og standard enheder (e.g SmartPhones)
- Redegøre for anvendelsen af analoge og digitale sensorer/aktuatorer til sketching af IoT brugeroplevelser
- Redegør for anvendelse og rolle af cloud platforme ved sketching af IoT brugeroplevelser
- Diskutere hvordan soft- og hardware sketching kan bidrage til eksplorative interaktionsdesign processer rettet mod design for brugeroplevelser med IoT systemer
- Redegøre for grundlæggende principper bag , og den historiske udvikling af, Internet-of-Things (IoT)
- Diskutere ’forbundethed’ som et kernebegreb i interaktionsdesigndesign for IoT brugeroplevelser
- Sammenligne kvaliteterne af storyboards, enactments og interaktive sketches som design artefakter i interaktionsdesign processer
Ordinary examExam type:
D: Submission of written work with following oral, External (7-point scale)
D2G: Submission for groups with following oral exam supplemented by the submission. Shared responsibility for the report.