Official course description, subject to change:
Preliminary info last published 15/02-21
Offered to guest students:
Offered to exchange students:
Offered as a single subject:
Price (single subject):
10625 DKK (incl. vat)
MSc in Software Design
31 January 2022
27 May 2022
The subject of the course is functional, declarative programming in general and F# in particular.
DescriptionThe subject of the course is functional, declarative programming in general and F# in particular. This includes the following themes:´
Functional Programming Paradigme:
- first class functions
- higher-order functions
- type inference and polymorphism
- recursion and tail-recursion
- algebraic data types
- strict and lazy evaluation
- garbage collection
- reference types
- mutable versus immutable data
- divide and conquer.
Formal prerequisitesYou can construct object-oriented software using Java (or C#), corresponding to what is learnt on the MSc course Introductory Programming.
Information about the course of study
This course is first part of the specialisation Software Development and Technology on second semester on MSc in Software Design
Moreover the student must always meet the admission requirements of the IT University.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- apply and reflect on theories for modelling, analyzing and constructing functional declarative programs.
- apply and reflect on the concepts behind functional programming compared to imperative and object oriented programming.
- construct small and large programs in F# and explain the basic principles behind functional programming using F#.
- describe and explain solutions to problems in the context of functional programming.
- apply core concepts of functional programming.
- reason about the complexity of functional programs.
Ordinary examExam type:
C: Submission of written work, External (7-point scale)
C22: Submission of written work – Take home