Official course description, subject to change:
Basic info last published 22/10-19
Offered to guest students:
Offered as a single subject:
Price (single subject):
10625 DKK (incl. vat)
Master of Science in Information Technology (Software Design)
27 January 2020
31 August 2020
DescriptionThe subject of the course is functional, declarative programming in general and F# in particular. This includes the following themes:´
Functional Programming Paradigme:
- first class functions
- higher-order functions
- type inference and polymorphism
- recursion and tail-recursion
- algebraic data types
- strict and lazy evaluation
- garbage collection
- reference types
- mutable versus immutable data
- divide and conquer.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- apply and reflect on theories for modelling, analyzing and constructing functional declarative programs.
- apply and reflect on the concepts behind functional programming compared to imperative and object oriented programming.
- construct small and large programs in F# and explain the basic principles behind functional programming using F#.
- describe and explain solutions to problems in the context of functional programming.
- apply core concepts of functional programming.
- reason about the complexity of functional programs.
Ordinary examExam type:
A: Written exam on premises, external (7-trinsskala)
A11: Written exam on premises. Open book exam.