Official course description, subject to change:
AbstractThe course will provide an understanding of how to analyze an organization's IT Governance & Quality Management (IT governance) and how to restructure the organization's IT governance so that it is in line with the organization's IT strategy.
IT governance ensure the effective and efficient use of IT in enabling an organization to achieve its goals. IT governance is the process by which organizations ensure the effective evaluation, selection, prioritization, and funding of competing IT investments; oversee their implementation; and extract (measurable) business benefits.
The student will gain an understanding of how to analyze the organization's current IT governance and how to restructure it for a better organization's fit.
In addition to this, the student will get an understanding of how IT fits into the greater scope of the organisation.
Several perspectives related to IT Governance & Quality Management will be presented to allow the student to adapt his/her point of view to a particular situation. theories will be presented and discussed related to both the public and private sector. This will include:
- Architecture Governance (Enterprise Architecture)
- Knowledge Management
- System Thinking
- Portfolio Management
Students should be able to:
- formulate research questions
- search for and cite literature
- perform a theory-based analysis
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- Describe IT governance control structures and mechanisms in a company
- Explain the value of IT governance
- Describe industry standards for IT process models (e.g. CoBIT)
- Analyse the contents of IT-governance and quality related standards and compliance requirements
- Recommend an IT governance setup for a given situation
Ordinary examExam type:
D: Submission of written work with following oral, External (7-point scale)
D22: Submission with following oral exam supplemented by the submission.