User Interface Design
The objective of this course is to learn the fundamentals of user experience design and interface design. Basic theories, methods and techniques from user experience design and interface design are applied in group design exercises.
Understanding the qualities of user experience (UX) and interfaces to digital products, systems and services is fundamental in the broader ﬁeld of digital design. In short, this area covers how we, as people, interact with digital technology, and how these interactions can be shaped to create a high quality experience, from aesthetic as well as functional perspectives. The course also introduces and elaborates on fundamental interaction design theory.
This course is a 2nd semester course on the BSc Digital Design and Interactive Technologies
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply basic scientific principles, theories and methods for user interface design
- Apply current best practices for user interface design in a digital design process
- Design a screen-based application in accordance to contemporary principles, theories, methods and practices for user interface design
- Design a test for a screen based prototype and evaluate the prototype according to speciﬁed conditions
- Analyze the qualities of a user interface design and relate it to fundamental interaction design theory
In this course, the students will learn the fundamentals of user experience design and interface design.
The course covers basic theories, methods and techniques from user experience design and interface design and applies them in group design exercises, where students design, prototype and evaluate the user experience and interface of a screen-based application. The design work relies on a combination of current research and best industry practice, and evaluation is carried out with user representatives in realistic contexts.
The course literature is published in the course page in LearnIT.
Ordinary examExam type:
C: Submission of written work, External (7-point scale)
C1G: Submission of written work for groups
Time and dateOrdinary Exam - submission Thu, 3 Jun 2021, 08:00 - 14:00
Reexam - submission Wed, 14 Jul 2021, 08:00 - 14:00
Reexam Mon, 23 Aug 2021, 09:00 - 21:00