|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Introduktion til algoritmik og datastrukturer |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Introduction to Algorithms and Data Structures |
|Semester:||Forår 2003 |
|Udbydes under:||cand. it, softwareudvikling (swu) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||0 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||50 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||300 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||Introductory programming. |
|Læringsmål:||The goal of the course is to give the student a basic understanding of advanced programming/algorithms, such that the student:|
- Can analyse time and space required for a program.
- Solve the most common advanced programming/algorithm problems that occur when constructing software.
- Has a solid base to understand technical courses.
- Has a solid understanding of the basic principles in advanced programming, such as recursion.
- Can solve more complex programming problems.
|Fagligt indhold:||The course takes its spring from different problems, which will be solved by using selected basic algorithm/advanced programming techniques. Subjects which we will look at are e.g.:|
- Methods to sort and search.
- Methods to find a shortest path in a graph.
- Methods to represent large data in a compact way.
- Methods to analyse if a program is correct and how time/space efficient it is.
- Methods to use recursion in programming.
This will include e.g.:
- Stacks, queues, sequence, trees.
- Priority queues, search trees, dictionary.
- Graph algorithms.
We will also look at different tools to analyse programs, such as invariant to prove correctness, and asymptotic analysis to prove time and space needed for a program.
Get more detailed information about <a href=\"http://www.itu.dk/research/algorithms/Kurser/\">algorithm courses at IT-C.
Lectures, tutorials, and mandatory exercises.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||X. experimental examination form (7-scale; external exam), 13-skala, Ekstern censur|
Written exam (four hours). All usual written aids, except computers, are allowed at the exam.
Only students who have their mandatory exercises accepted, are allowed to take exam.
The grade will be given according to the 13-scale. External censor.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest & Stein: Introduction to Algorithms, Second Edition, From MIT. |