|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Datasikkerhed (kl. 16.00-21.30) |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Data Security |
|Semester:||Efterår 2003 |
|Udbydes under:||cand. it, softwareudvikling (swu) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||0 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||15 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||30 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||Prior to the course, the student should be able to:|
- design, program and test minor programs (500 lines) in Java C++ or equivalent.
- understand the network structure and protocols of the Internet.
- calculate with binary numbers.
These prerequisites can for example be obtained through the one of the introductory programming courses and the course in Networks and Protocols at IT-C. The prerequisite which has to do with calculation with binary numbers can be obtained through the highest level of high school mathematics.
|Læringsmål:||Having completed the course, the student will be able to:|
- analyse computer secturity risks in a company.
- use cryptographic techniques to implement digital signatures, electronic payments and encrypted communication.
- explain and use up-to-date cryptographic standards.
- use tools for securing against unauthorised access and for supervising attempts of unauthorised access.
- explain best practice security procedures in organisations.
- give an account of relevant security standards and point out the most important international bodies which take care of computer security.
- calculate with modulo arithmetics.
|Fagligt indhold:||The course consists of three main parts:|
- risk analysis
- network security
The risk analysis will assess the different security risks in an organisation on the basis of an overall reflection of the function of the organisation. International standards will be used as a basis for the analyses and they will result in recommendations for the improvement of security or point out areas in which the security can be slackened. In the cryptographic part, we treat different crypto sytems and their mathematical foundation. Both symmetric (one key) and asymmetric (two-key) systems are dealt with. In network security, we work theoretically and practically with virus attacks, supervision of attacks, ensuring protocols, organisation of networks and firewalls. To find more information about the course contents, please visit the <a href=\"http://www.it-c.dk/courses/DSK/E2003\">course website.
Lectures and exercises with a number of obligatory assignments.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||X. experimental examination form (7-scale; external exam), 13-skala, Ekstern censur|
Passed/Approved obligatory exercises are required to enter the exam.
Oral examination for 30 minutes including voting and feedback, assessed according to the Danish 13-point marking scale. At the end of the term, 10 questions are given of which the students draw one for the examination. The student is expected to give a presentation of 15 minutes succeeded by a discussion of 10 minutes. There will be no time for preparation at the examination.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:|
Cryptography and Network Security, Third Edition. Prentice Hall, 2002
- Author: William Stallings.
- ISBN: 0-13-091429-0.
- Standard - Information technology - Code of practice for information security management (DS/ISO/IEC 17799:2001)