|Kursusnavn (dansk):||B32 Social Media Management |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||B32 Social Media Management |
|Semester:||Forår 2012 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., e-business (ebuss) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||15 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||25 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||80 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||There are no formal prerequisites for being admitted to the course. Familiarity with topics in management studies is desired but not required. |
|Læringsmål:||After the course the student should be able to:
1. Characterise the emerging paradigm of “social business”
2. Explain the different paradigms in and emerging trends of social media marketing and their potential impact on private and public organizations
3. Identify the linkages between social media channels and processes such as innovation, knowledge management, communication, collaboration and co-creation in organizational settings
4. Define social media metrics and key performance indicators for social business across a range of dimensions.
5. Analyze and report on the current social media engagement of a real-world case company and develop implications for social media management in terms of values, principles, strategies, policies, and innovation processes.
|Fagligt indhold:||The subject of the course is social media management, with special attention to the emerging paradigm of “Social Business. The content of the course is structured in a number of themes, for example:
• Social Media
o Descriptions and Definitions
o Social Media: Theory and Practice
• Social Business
o What is “Social Business”?
o Aspects of and Topics in Social Business
o Key Performance Indicators for Social Business
• Social Graph
o What is “Social Graph”?
o Aspects of and Topics in Social Graph
o Social Graph Optimization/Curation
• Social Media Analytics
o Criteria of Effectiveness
o Techniques (e.g., Social Network Analysis, Semantic Analysis, Online Sentiment Analysis)
o Tools (e.g., SAS Social Media Analytics, Radian6, Trendrr, Spark)
• Special Topics
o Social Media Strategy
o Social Media in Marketing
o Social Media in Customer Service
o Social Media and Open Innovation
o Social Media and Knowledge Management
o Social Media and the Public Sector
o Emerging Organizational Roles (e.g., Social Media Manager, Chief Listening Officer)
• Business Cases
|Læringsaktiviteter:||12 forelæsninger og 12 øvelsesgange|
-Lectures will be screen-recorded and made available on a course portal (for example, see http://www.itu.dk/people/rkva/2011-Spring-EB22/).
Exercises will be conducted in individual and small-group formats and will include hands-on learning with methods and tools for social media management and case studies.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||X. experimental examination form (7-scale; external exam), 7-trins-skala, Ekstern censur|
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||Title: The Social Media Management Handbook: Everything You Need To Know To Get Social Media Working In Your Business
Authors: Robert Wollan, Nick Smith, Catherine Zhou
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons
Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Social-Media-Management-Handbook-Everything/dp/0470651245/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top#reader_0470651245