|Kursusnavn (dansk):||IT and Business Process Modeling |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||IT and Business Process Modeling |
|Semester:||Forår 2012 |
|Udbydes under:||Bachelor i global virksomhedsinformatik (bgbi) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||60 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||60 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||This course is part of the fourth semester in the bachelor’s degree in Global Business Informatics. |
|Læringsmål:||After the course work the student should be able to:
- use the Business Process Modelling and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 standard for describing business processes,
- use representative BPM platform tools for business process management
- compare and relate BPM to Adaptive Case Management (ACM)
- use alternative/complementary notations to BPMN aimed at supporting more flexible processes.
- critically evaluate the promises of BPM, in particular with respect to the promises for supporting change and in relation to global, inter-organizational business processes
|Fagligt indhold:||Business Process Management (BPM) is being pushed forward by major vendors of enterprise systems such as SAP, IBM, Oracle and Adobe. The ultimate goal of BPM is to enable a Real-Time Enterprise in which business processes are monitored and supported by it-systems at all times providing the relevant information to support executing the process by humans and automated it services. Moreover, BPM is to be supported by a process-oriented platform supporting rapid changes of the business processes.
The objectives of the course are to enable the student to apply state-of-the art BPM and critically evaluate the promises of BPM, in particular to the recent literature on Adaptive Case Management (ACM) and technologies for describing flexible workflow processes and inter-organizational business processes.
The course is based on lectures and project work in groups. The students will be given real examples of business process descriptions to evaluate and implement using a BPM platform.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||X. experimental examination form (7-scale; external exam), 7-trins-skala, Ekstern censur|
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||TBA |