|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Digitale medier og kommunikation |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Digital Media and Communication |
|Semester:||Efterår 2017 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., digital design og kommunikation (ddk) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||24 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||80 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||NB: Dette kursus er kun for studerende, der er optaget på kandidatuddannelsen i Digital design og kommunikation.
IT på brugerniveau.
|Læringsmål:||- Analyze and critically evaluate computer-mediated communication.
- Identify the different media specific characteristics, strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain the main theoretical approaches within communication studies and media studies.
- Evaluate the different suitability of media platforms and approaches in relation to computer-mediated communication in practice.
- Reflect upon the use of and choose relevant theories and appropriate methods in relation to a particular study of an independently identified problem, phenomenon or practice related to digital media and communication
- Analyze, present and discuss the findings from the study based on the chosen theories, methods and own empirical observations.
|Fagligt indhold:||The course aims to provide a "toolbox" of techniques and theories which will enable the student to analyze and assess communicative aspects of digital media. The course is an introduction to communications and media research with specific emphasis on digital media from various perspectives: theoretical, practical, social and historical.
The course introduces students to communication and media theory perspectives, with particular emphasis on digital media. We will deal with specific problems, challenges and benefits associated with IT based communication.
Theoretically, the course focuses on basic communication theory, media theory, theories of computer-mediated communication, and historical and contemporary ideas about digital media and their specific communicative potential. Communication and media research methodology is also introduced.
There will be ample opportunity to test and apply the presented theories and methods in the exercise sessions, where we will work with various small cases and current examples as a basis for discussion. The experience from this part of the course will be used in the examination project, in which the students must identify a problem, phenomenon or practice related to digital media and communication and apply the relevant theories and methods to conduct a study and analyze the results.
A further goal for the course is that the students should achieve a theoretical, methodological and analytical basis for understanding digital media and digital communications that can be converted and used in subsequent courses
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger og øvelser|
- Lectures by the teacher, guest talks, student presentations and ongoing discussions.
- Group work in connection with the exercises, and from mid - course focused on the examination project.
- Practical / analytical exercises that the groups work with during the exercise session and after.
- A series of methodological workshops designed to help students who lack a relevant background in conducting empirical work
- A closing whole day seminar where all exam projects are presented with opposition from other groups, a teacher and assistant teacher.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||During the course the students must submit two group obligatory assignments. Individual participation in the final seminar is obligatory.
Be aware: The student will receive the grade NA (not approved) at the ordinary exam, if the mandatory activities are not approved and the student will use an exam attempt.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||C: Skriftlige arbejder uden mundtlig eksamen., (7-scale, external exam)|
The final examination project is a written academic paper and the course will introduce genre and writing techniques to help with that.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||TDB |